Akuapem Coffee Growers Association(ACGA)
Capacity Building & Sustainability
Formal training program and development of manual.
- Best practices and techniques in the cultivation of coffee. Training shall cover yield management, planting and plant row systems, weeds maintenance, irrigation, pest control, harvesting and storage.
- Training in Health, Safety, and Environmental guidelines.
- Develop and document standards of operating procedure including process of daily adherence and accountability. The standards should meet global certification protocols.
- Identification of training service provider.
- Grouping of Association members into teams per lot. The idea is to facilitate an intimate trainer:student environment for deeper understanding and monitoring for desired results.
- Training of staff using hands-on and needed theory concepts.
Creation of subject matter experts and champions within the staff for each of the topical areas.
Effort by the Association is to ensure:
- Have fully trained farmers equipped with relevant technical skills and know how in pineapple cultivation.
- Have well documented standard operating procedures that sustains our certifications long term.
- Be competitive and have the capability to expand into export markets in Europe in line with our goals.
- In the short-term, Akuapem shall become a center of excellence to transfer skills and knowledge to coffee growers across Ghana.